Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Fanny Pack Mom Goes to Florida

A couple of weeks ago my crew and I left the driveway at 4:20am and headed to the panhandle of Florida. Fast forward a few (or 11) hours and one episode of car sickness later we had made it to the beach. Five minutes later a security guard pulls up to read us the rules. This was the start of a long lasting relationship with Security Guard Dan. The next day we walked out to the beach only to be stopped by Security Guard Dan. And by we, I mean me because crazies love to attach themselves to fanny pack mom. He told me to enjoy my morning because the rain was coming....Rain never came. Security guard Dan warned me of rain every single day. Rain never once happened. He also told me fireworks were prohibited and fireworks constantly were going off while I was trying to get my beauty rest.

We had a blast on our family trip! We played in the ocean, got some sun, and were able to ride go carts and play putt put golf. My favorite activity was shopping because listen people when you can get a Michael Kors trench coat 80% off, you are #WINNING like Charlie Sheen. (I don't really think Charlie has ever won any battle in his life but I couldn't resist to use his tag line)

We also had some wonderful meals. My family loves to eat great food on trips. It's a tradition I trace back to my Grandfather traveling to Southern Mississippi once and asking a local where he could find some good seafood. She responded, "Mister, you are in LUCK! A brand new Long John Silvers just opened up right down the street!" Long John Silvers. Down the street. I never see a Long John Silvers without laughing to myself.

Most importantly, we had wonderful family time and were able to enjoy God's wonderful creation. Only God could create such beautiful scenery. Isn't it amazing?

If you head to the panhandle this summer tell Security Guard Dan that Fanny Pack Mom says hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment