Thursday, July 31, 2014

Fanny Pack Mom Gets Intentional

This summer, I decided I was going to be an intentional, fun, and (somewhat) cool mom. As my kids get older, I know we can go and do more fun things! One thing I have always wanted to do with my kids is travel. So far in their little lives they have been to Branson, Nashville, Las Vegas, The Bahamas, Florida, Oklahoma, and New York City. Not bad for an almost 3 and 5 year old!

In keep big with this theme, we started off summer by going to Branson and we went again a few weeks later. We played put putt golf, rode go carts, and went to Silver Dollar City both times. Each Branson trip was just 1-2 nights, but we had so much fun! To my kids this was like Disney World!




We also traveled to Florida, which you heard about yesterday. My kids were old enough to play in the ocean and build sand castles and we all had a blast! Another trip they loved!! (I am clearly a boy mom as seen in the below pic)




When not traveling this summer, we have made weekly trips to swim, have gone on ice cream runs, went to the park, and have had many family baseball games in the yard. More than anything we have spent quality time together. I don't want my kids to look back and think their mama just sat around wearing a fanny pack....I want them to look back on their childhood as a magical time as it should be! I can't wait to see what journeys and adventures we get to experience next!

No comments:

Post a Comment