Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wedding Trivia

After my post yesterday, I started laughing thinking about tidbits from family weddings of the past. These are some of the things I came up with:

1. When I got married, my grandmother took me to buy a special pair of pearl earrings. Kyle bought me the matching pearl bracelet as a gift. These are two treasures to me!

2. When Austin was the ring bearer years ago in a wedding, man purse uncle tripped him as he walked down the aisle. 

3. When I was getting married and getting ready to walk into the chapel, man purse uncle was standing outside the door talking to me and my dad. (Sidenote---why was he out there at this point in time...I wish I could remember???) He kept trying to trick my dad into saying "My mother and I do" instead of "HER mother and I do" when asked who gives this woman. 

4. Every wedding I have been in has resulted in divorce with the exception of my own wedding. Interesting, scary, and bizarre all in one. 

5. Speaking of weddings, Kyle never wears his wedding band. Never. He says it is super uncomfortable. I even bought him a new one a couple of years ago. Every so often I ask him how people are supposed to know he's married and he just says, "Because I act married." I guess that is all that really matters, people....If you act married. 

6. I colored my hair brown literally days before my wedding. I don't even look like myself in pictures. 

7. I am the wedding director in Austin and Tessa's wedding. This is a title I gave myself. Tessa agreed to it to be nice and because she knows I love to take control and will put someone in line if needed.

8. I was asking Tessa about the kind of cake they were having at the wedding and she started looking at me a little weird. I finally realized I had the details of her wedding confused with the recent Duggar wedding.

9. I got married Christmas week, Austin is getting married Thanksgiving week. Abby can choose between Easter, 4th of July or Labor Day when her time comes.

10. I love wedding cake. The end. 

4 comments:

  1. I may have to hire you as director at my wedding to keep the rowdy groomsmen in line ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alicia--I can handle it! I may or may not have a reference after the upcoming wedding

      Delete
  2. bahahahhahahah!!!! This is hysterical! Austin being tripped. I had no clue Kyle doesn't wear his ring, but I am glad he acts married ;) Wedding cake is the bomb.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I just hope no one is tripped this time!

      Delete