Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Man Purse Uncle Meets the Paparazzi

I know it might sound shocking that Fanny Pack Mom would have a Man Purse Uncle, but it is true. He just recently became a MPU on our trip to California. He was very proud of it as well. He carried that bag everywhere, including the beach.





I have mentioned in previous posts that Randy is crazy and will do and say anything. At my brother's college graduation, he yelled "Way to go Blood Killa." At my high school graduation he yelled, "What a woman." At Disney he yelled, "We're all gonna die." The list goes on and on. And I should probably add my brother is not in a gang, Blood Killa apparently came about from a hunting trip.


On Saturday Lu Anne, Maddie, and I decided to go into West Hollywood and Beverly Hills to eat, shop, and look at houses. We had a wonderful lunch at The Ivy, a famous and adorable restaurant that looks more like a tea room. This was my second time there and it is so fun to people watch! We shopped and had cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes.



YUM!







We decided to start driving around to look at houses because what nosey southern girl doesn't like to study other people's houses? We drove into Bel Air and were thoroughly disappointed at how many people had large retaining walls/gates so we couldn't see in. It's like they all enjoy their privacy or something. Crazy, right?


So after driving in the hills, we got lost in more hills. And then I lost it and was so car sick. I was just trying to keep from throwing up in the rented mini van. Maddie was driving and I was supposed to be the personal GPS, but I just quit and left Maddie to deal with it. Bless her heart, she finally got us out of there and then as I was starting to come around a little bit my phone rang. Kyle was asking if we could hurry up and get back. Man Purse Uncle decided to give surfing a try in 10 foot waves and crashed. As in crashed into the sand.


We were heading back and Randy calledLu Anne saying he wanted to go to an urgent care clinic because his face was bleeding and he thought he had broken ribs. He ended up having an inflamed chest wall (or as his younger son Josh joked---bruising.) However, one whole side of his face was truly red and swollen. I mean it had to hurt.


That night we went to The Cheesecake Factory, where I got food poisoning. This is devastating because 1. I was sick  2. This happens to me often on trips 3. I cannot eat there again and I loved it so much. The next day I was better, but still not 100%. Lu and her kids left to get back to school, while we stayed for meetings. By we I mean Kyle and Randy. I will tell about my time with the boys later.


Kyle and Randy decided to go to a Lakers game after taking them to the airport. I decided to stay in the hotel with the boys since I still wasn't fully well. Kyle and Randy went to dinner and Kyle said the people next to them stared the whole time. Finally Randy went to the bathroom and they leaned over and asked Kyle "Is that man a paparazzi?"


Kyle responded with noooo and what would make you think that?


The man purse.


The man purse made these people think he was a paparazzi. I'm sure his battered face also made him look like a possible paparazzi who had been hit by a celebrity. The moral to this story is don't carry a man purse in LA. The people will swarm you with attention.


Kyle and Randy then headed to the Lakers game, where Randy was almost ran over by a car. Traffic stops for no man. Not even a member of the paparazzi.



No comments:

Post a Comment