Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekend with Friends and a Pageant Part I

We had a wonderful Fall weekend! Friday afternoon when we got home we met up with our neighbor, William, and had an unplanned leaf pile jumping party. Those are the best kind of moments...unplanned and spontaneous!





After that I took the boys to Kyle and he took them to our family farm for an adventure. Our boys love special trips with their Daddy! I picked up 3 of my closest friends--Melani, Kristin, and Erin. We drove about an hour away to my friend Sarah's family duck hunting cabin for a Junior Auxiliary retreat. Let me just tell you, we had to drive to the middle of nowhere. I grew up outside of town on a farm, but consider myself more of a city girl now. We drove to the scene of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre to the country and started hitting curvy, windy roads. And I kid you not drove by a cemetery in the middle of the dark, dirt roads. Then we got lost. And scared. And we were literally panicking. And by we I mostly mean Melani and I. Kristin and Erin are much more sensible calm people. 


*Sidenote--Melani and I always laugh because our older boys are in the same class and are both just like us. It is basically like raising ourselves

We were so worked up and scared that when we turned down a road to get to the cabin, we decided we shouldn't go in alone (we were the first ones there) because we just knew a scary mad man was waiting there to kidnap us. So as we were scared and already freaked out we turned a corner and these MASSIVE, SCARY kids came at us on ATVS. We all literally screamed in fear at the same time. It was just like a scary movie.


Except for the fact that THEY WERE KIDS. And my family owns an ATV dealership...that those ATVs probably came from. That is how worked up and ridiculous we were.


So back to the scary story....We peeled out of there and drove back to the nearest restaurant where we knew a bunch of good ole boys with concealed carry license's would be eating. And as we passed back by the cemetery we say eyes. Another group scream occurred and then we realized it was just a deer. We called the group recounting our story and we were so hysterical they couldn't even understand us, but they all managed to meet us in the restaurant parking lot. Safety in numbers. Plus one of our JA members was a police officer. We managed to take this fear driven picture after we stopped.





So we safely made it to the retreat and had a great time! We only stayed a couple of hours due to my headache issue (post on that this week) and the fact that I had to leave early the next morning for PBQS's pageant. We ran out to the car and immediately locked the doors only to be scared to death by some so called "friends" who started beating on the windows of my car. I threw the car in drive and drove away so quickly, that I started wondering if I ran one of them over. That is why you don't mess with scared, irrational women. Luckily, I didn't run them over. And we drove home and had the best time talking and sharing our hearts. I don't know what I would do without such sweet friends. It is such a blessing to have people you can be real with and count on. Next up tomorrow...Part II of our weekend in Bentonville!

No comments:

Post a Comment