Sunday, October 5, 2014

PBQS Is THE Sister

PBQS (Punk Beauty Queen Sister, for those of you new to the blog) is stunning. Abby is a former Miss Arkansas Teen USA. She was top 15 at Miss Teen USA. She came out on the stage to compete for Miss Arkansas USA on Saturday night for plelims and I literally heard people gasp. There were so many beautiful girls on that stage, but Abby just had that spark. Maybe I am biased being her big sister, but she is the total package. People love her, people are drawn to her.

I am always so proud of Abby and feel like Julia Sugarbaker watching her.....I always want to yell "She wasn't just any Miss Georgia World, she was THE Miss Georgia World."

Today would have been my grandmother's 74th birthday. She would have been at the finals in all her glory! She loved to watch her grandkids in any events and would have been so proud of PBQS. I kept thinking about how much she has missed out on, but it's only us who have missed out on having her involved. She gets to be with Jesus on her birthday and everyday and lives in eternal glory.

PBQS did an incredible job during finals. Then, during the top 5 interview they asked her who she looked up to the most. And she answered her sister. And I cried.

And the moment you are all waiting for....Abby was robbed  3rd runner up. But the main thing is she's not just my sister....she's THE sister.

Congratulations to PBQS and happy birthday, Grandmother! More details on our weekend to come this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment