Tuesday, October 28, 2014

FPM: Campaign Manager 2016

Monday night I was watching Dancing with the Stars (#teamalfonso and #teamsadie) and I always feel so stressed out for the people left in jeopardy and one eventually being sent home. And I felt a little in jeopardy myself as:

A. I was laying in bed battling strep throat. I felt a little crummy all weekend and thought I was coming down with a sinus infection just like I do every Fall. My doctors office was booked up so I ran by an urgent care clinic only to learn I had strep throat! I forgot how bad you feel with strep throat. I haven't had it in years. I almost feel like I did when I had mono in 8th grade. Exhausted!


B. GNATS. GNATS. GNATS. They are attacking everyday. I took out 10 with my homemade dawn/vinegar trap in the last 24 hours. Gross!

C. I am SOOO disgusted by Mama June on Honey Boo Boo. First of all, shame on TLC for ever giving these people a TV show. It was never funny to see how these people were living it was sad. And now the fact that this so called Mama is dating a child molester who did terrible, disgusting things with her child years ago??? Disturbing. So disturbing. And she has her younger daughter around him now, bought him a car, and lied about it. This is inexcusable. I can only pray the good that will come from these people being on TV is that there will be enough media attention to get these innocent kids some help or the cycle will just repeat itself.


D. Political ads. Need I say more? I just want to ask all of the politicians to save their millions of dollars in advertising because it is 110% ineffective. If anything it upsets people seeing the constant awful advertising. When I worked at Fox News, every single person no matter political belief LOVED Govenor Huckabee. And it's not because he talked politics and shoved his opinions down everyone's throat. It's because he was always happy, pleasant, easy to deal with, and KNEW everyone by name. And I believe this is a nonpartisan issue. JFK won his presidency because of his incredible ability to seem comfortable and relatable on TV. People who watched the debate on TV called JFK the winner, while radio listeners who didn't SEE JKF in action called Nixon the winner. Appearance and approach is everything. People believe what they can see without having to hear it to be convinced. There is a lost art in campaigning. Donate the money to charity. Be more involved in communities and personable. And be passionate! Believe in what you are running for! That is what people respond to!!!


Fanny Pack Mom is officially available to run political campaigns in 2016.


No matter what issues I have with sickness, gnats, and annoying campaigns.... Every day I wake up knowing I serve a God who loves me and claims me as His child. I also wake up to a wonderful husband and sweet boys. I am blessed beyond measure!

2 comments:

  1. 1. I hope you start feeling better! I hate strep...its horrible! 2. Gnats are taking over in Kennett also! 3. I am sick of campaign advertisements!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad we are on the same page!!! And yes! Strep is terrible!!!

      Delete