Thursday, October 23, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Puerto Rico

Since I have started blogging, my favorite part of it has been documenting my family's adventures. I love that we can look back and always remember even the little details. It has made me sad that I didn't start blogging earlier, so I decided to start dedicating Thursdays to past adventures.


Last December, Kyle and I went to Puerto Rico. I was SO NERVOUS about leaving our kids. Plus the day before we left it seemed like everything was falling apart. Kole started throwing up, I was panicking, and I was in no way organized to go. When it was time to leave, everyone was ok and we made our way to Puerto Rico!





We stayed at the St. Regis Bahia Resort. It was absolutely beautiful!





 The who resort is built around a natural reserve.





This is the view from the main house on the property that is a restored plantation style home. It reminded me of the house from The Notebook.





I loved traveling in December, because the Christmas decorations were amazing. I think we all know how much I love Christmas.





I love Gingerbread houses. My grandmother always made gingerbread cookies. I also enjoyed seeing the big Christmas trees. Kyle is 6'4 and the trees made him look tiny!





I should probably add that this trip was with Yamaha Marine thru work, so we got to go for free. Because I highly doubt we would have spent this much money on something so swanky.












I loved laying by the pools and relaxing. It did rain a lot. I guess we were in the rainforest.





One night we went to this beautiful house in the mountains that Richard Gere had just stayed in.





The view was breathe taking.





I am so thankful we had the opportunity to take this incredible trip! I missed my kids like crazy, but I know how important it is to put our marriage first.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting these pictures. I am thinking about booking a trip to Puerto Rico, and these photos definitely inspire me to look further into it! Looks incredible! (Saying hello from Friday Favorites.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great trip! And no passport is even required on Puerto Rico!

      Delete