Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fanny Pack Fashion: Christmas Shopping Edition

I think I have said before that my name is Audra and I. Love. Christmas. A couple of weeks ago, I posted a picture on Instagram of my boys with toys I had bought for Christmas, but couldn't resist to go ahead and give them. I know, I know. I always say you can have spoiled kids who aren't spoiled brats. I don't just always give them toys, but they were so good last week and big helpers. They truly worked for it! Plus these ended up going with our Halloween costumes!









Since I host Christmas at my house, I have to be fairly organized. I cannot be doing last minute shopping because the whole week before Christmas is spent preparing for a large family meal. Plus, I like to just enjoy the season. I might have already started on my Christmas cards (they go out the day after Thanksgiving.) And our sweet family photographer might roll her eyes at me for making this request in September. Actually she is way to sweet to do that. So needless to say, I take care of a lot of details early. It also allows me to enjoy Christmas earlier in the year without blaring Christmas music for all to hear.









By this point, I have bought 80% of my Christmas gifts. Anything I cannot get in town, I buy online. I try to shop local and support my local stores. I have already bought a couple of things here and there, but still have more to do. Anything that needed to be ordered online is pretty much done tho. I order most of my kids gifts from Amazon with Amazon Prime. We are lucky because our kids are young and to them it is quantity over quality. A few toys they've seen on commercials and they are happy as can be.





To keep organized, I keep a list in my phone of who I have to buy for and if I have bought it yet. Disclaimer...if you do not see your name on this list do not be offended. It is a loooong list. I try to buy all gifts in August, September, October for budgeting reasons. I spread it out over three months and then it frees me up to spend money in November and December to spend money on hosting dinners/parties for Thanksgiving and Christmas.


I hope this is helpful to everyone who is overwhelmed each year by Christmas. Christmas is not meant to be an overwhelming time, but a time to enjoy the wonderful season celebrating Jesus' birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment