Monday, October 27, 2014

Disneyland Day

When planning this trip, I was most excited about our time we were planning at Disneyland. We had been toying with the whole "Disney trip" for awhile. I wanted to see the boys experience the magic at young, sweet ages...Kyle wanted to wait for them to be older and able to remember it. Disneyland during our Cali trip was the perfect solution! We decided Friday would be the best day to go to avoid weekend crowds.





I was so excited because the Halloween decorations were incredible!





When we arrived we were met by Donald Duck!





My uncle...THE ONE WHO MAKES AWKWARD COMMENTS...yelled "Chip and Dale Rock" to Donald and Donald wasn't having it.





Not to offend Donald, but next we went to meet Chip and Dale around the corner. I was so excited because I remember watching the Full House goes to Disney episode where Chip and Dale stole the food from Becky and Jesse. I thought it was hilarious. LAME, I know.





Kole was a litttttle nervous, so we went to ride some rides! I took my kids to ride the carrousel, Snow White, and Pinocchio. The rest of the crew went to Space Mountain. They are original, vintage Disney kid rides. I'm not going to lie...Snow White and Pinocchio were a little dark and scary. I loved all of the artwork inside the rides and the special time with my boys!





We all met up at Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster, which was one of my favorites! We love Toy Story at our house and the ride and animation was just so cool.





And then we met Peter Pan! Peter was spunky, energetic, and entertaining!





Next, we all rode Pirates of the Caribbean. It was so realistic! I was a little nervous because there were two "drops" in the dark on this ride and cray cray uncle yelled "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE," but the boys made it just fine. We were starving by this point and ate at CafĂ© Orleans. Krews decided at this point he was 12 and would be riding roller coasters. I had and anxiety attack send him with the group on Splash Mountain, while Kole and I enjoyed cotton candy like normal people. Krews LOVED it!


We then got to experience one of my favorite rides with my favorite bear, Winnie the Pooh. It was so classic, happy, and perfect. Even the heffalumps were happy seeming.


It was hard to get a picture of that silly ole bear




The group then went to Thunder Mountain, while Kole and I went to Toon Town! I loved my special time with my boy. I'm so thankful he was in amazement by toon town just as I envisioned. He was so proud to meet Goofy all by himself!





We spent the next hour waiting to meet Captain America. This was so worth it though, because he is Krews and Kole's HERO. He was great to the boys...made them feel like he was the real deal and asked them so many questions. They were amazed.





They also got to "morph" into Iron Man and see all of his suits!





Have I ever mentioned how funny I think Iron Man is with his dry sense of humor?





We ended the day waiting for Peter Pan's Flight. It was so worth it.





I was sad to leave, but so thankful for the memories and to experience it with family! I was so glad to experience Disneyland. I loved being there and knowing it was the original park. The rides were reflective of the Disney classics and all had a vintage feel that I loved. It was the perfect experience for my 3 and 5 year old. When my kids are older, Disney World will probably be a better fit. I will absolutely go back to Disneyland if I have the opportunity and would also like to try Disney California Adventure. Who knows what opportunities the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment