Monday, September 1, 2014

Oklahoma....Where the wind was only bad on the last day


Thursday night we loaded up our crew and headed to Oklahoma. I needed to spend some time working at our family dealership, Shawnee Honda, and my boys needed to spend some time playing with one of their favorite people and my baby cousin, Josh. Josh turned 14 yesterday. I still remember him as a 3 year old yelling at a dinner party guest from the top of the stairs to "PLEASE STOP TALKING!"



In his defense, every single person in the room was thinking it. The woman was very loud. I would have yelled it myself, but it was something only a child could get away with. Before I leave you with a cliff-hanger, I should let you know the woman never stopped talking. He tried. Anyway, Josh is one of the best kids you will ever meet. He was selected from his school to go on a trip to Japan this summer. Isn't that cool? When I was 14 I was worried about being elected Queen of the Junior High. Josh brought the boys these cool souvenirs from Japan.

 We also got to meet the new puppy, Lily. Kole and Lily have matching blue eyes.


Kole and Krews are both begging for a dog. I can't even imagine what I would do with a dog right now. For now they can continue to enjoy PBQS's dog, Jack E. Chompers. Abby demanded to have him and after 5 minutes left him with my parents.


Krews is obsessed with wanting to learn how to skateboard. Josh started to teach him how to longboard, which from my understanding is more safe/easier than just regular skateboarding. Kole refused to be left out of this event.

Friday night we went into OKC to eat at my dad's favorite spot, Toby Keith's. Afterwards we went to Marble Slab to get ice cream. Krews loves ice cream, but I think you can tell how he feels about being messy.


We also had diving competitions.

By we I mean other people in my family. We also had a delicious meal and strawberry cake for Josh's birthday night. All in all I would call this trip a success! Happy Labor Day everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. I am cracking up.....First at Queen of Junior High.....Second, Abby leaving her dog! 3rd-the messy face look and lastly, You didn't participate in the diving contest????

    ReplyDelete
  2. That puppy is adorable. I've never been to Oklahoma (and I think I only live a couple hours from there) but would love to visit OKC one of these days.

    ReplyDelete