Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Post Op.

Thursday I went in for my annual OBGYN appointment and left knowing I had a golf ball sized ovarian cyst that needed to be removed. Today was the day. My mom took me to the hospital so Kyle could keep the boys on schedule. In typically fanny pack fashion, bizarre events happened to me. As I was laying in pre op, the oldest man you have ever seen in you life came walking into my room and declared himself my anesthesiologist for the day. I joked about him being so old and was a little nervous, but got over it quickly when he said he would bring me some meds to take all the nerves away. So he brings me the meds which makes people loopy, and they had absolutely no effect on me. He added more, still nothing. Oh well, if that was the worst thing that happened to me I would be ok. So for some reason the worlds oldest doc takes it upon himself to roll me into the OR all by himself. One minute later my surgeon was pulling me out of that OR because homeboy took me to the wrong one. By this point my nerves are a little shaky but I'm still laughing....that is until he realizes he forgot my chart and blood pressure cuff. As he walked out to find these essential items, I begged all the sweet nurses and my surgeon who I love to please make sure I was actually put to sleep and could actually wake up.

Next think I knew I was in recovery and all was well because I learned I had no complications and the cyst was completely gone! I am now home and happy to be here, but in pain. I will spent the rest of the day resting and recovering. Next time any of you have surgery....make sure you make it to the right OR ;)

3 comments:

  1. Glad your surgery went well after all that craziness. Praying for your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ��glad it went well in the end , hope your recovery is
    speedy . Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it went well and hope you have recovered well (I'm obviously a little behind on my blog reading).

    ReplyDelete