Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Best. Weekend. Ever.

Friday night our Sunday School class (parents and kids) loaded up on the church bus to go bowling and have pizza. I would have snapped a picture of the bus, but I was busy worrying I would get car sick. Riding the church bus THRILLED my kids. They were beyond excited! We made it to the bowling alley and we split up boys, girls, women, and men.  I hung out down by the boys since my crew was thereI had just had surgery and still wasn't comfortable having to throw a 10 pound ball. Plus knowing how competitive Kyle is, I knew he would be in the zone  and unaware of anything going on outside of his lane. The boys LOVED bowling  and equally loves sliding around the floor.

A little while into the game a strobe light came on and the kids were fasinsted and kept trying to grab the light.


A few minutes later the lights went off and it was a full on disco. My fun truly began when two big screens dropped down and songs like Michael Jackson's PYT started playing. It was pretty funny!


We didn't get home until 10:00. I know, I know PARTY ANIMALS! We were all exhausted!!! The next morning was Kole's 3rd birthday! I told him Happy Birthday when he woke up and he said "Mom, am I this many?" (holding 3 fingers up) I said, "Yes, you sure are you are three years old!" He said "Oh, how long until I am 5 like my bubby?" All he wants to do is be a big boy, yet he's still my baby! We headed to the soccer field for Krews and Kole's games. Kole's team sang happy birthday to him and he had a better week. He still didn't play full out but he enjoyed being out there the entire game. Krews played a great game too!

Saturday night we went to our county fair. We ended up meeting and hanging out with several of our Sunday School class friends. Kole rode a roller coaster for the first time (I use the term roller coaster lightly) and Krews rode with his hands in the air!

I might have had a funnel cake. And it might have been delicious. They boys enjoyed the big slide. *Sidenote* Thank goodness Kyle is one to ride these rides. I am the girl who grew up scared to ride or when finally talked into riding was quickly sick. Even this big slide would have made me nervous.

Kyle and one of our friends, Jason, then lost their minds and rode the NEMISIS 360. The nemesis 360 was frightening. And this is not Six Flags where rides are permanent fixtures. This is a county fair where rides go up in less than an hour. However, Kyle is not one to back down from a challenge and Jason had already been on it once.

Who rides this??? My friend, Fran, was going to ride it with them for another round but the line was too long. I later found out my brother and soon to be SIL rode it too! We immediately went home and showered and burned washed our clothes. We got up the next morning and had snake pancakes upon request of the boys.

Then, we headed out to church while still in birthday mode.

When I asked Kole what he wanted to do for his birthday, he responded, "Go to the place where they throw eggs in your mouth with William, Emma, Luke, and Mary Juuuulia"

That places is called Fuji's Japanese Steak House. And they do cook in front of you and throw eggs in your mouth---correction everyone's mouth but mine because I just can't deal with the stress of that situation. And I should note all of the kids named above are much older than Kole, but he LOVES them all. William and Emma are our neighbors and Luke and Mary Juuuuulia are their cousins who we love to see too. They are SO sweet to my kids and always take good care of them. They even brought him birthday gifts and made such a big deal over him. Love it! Overall, I would say this was the best weekend ever for my kids. I hope to have many more weekends of jam packed fun that my kids can always remember!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Kole!!
    Sounds like he's only 4 days younger than my Nolan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday! Our fair is this week and I'm excited to take our kiddos.

    ReplyDelete