Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Favorites: Absolukely


Today is Friday, which means linking up for Friday Favorites!




1. Favorite thing of the past:


TGIF! I used to love watching TGIF on Friday nights. Why did it have to end???



2. Favorite new shoes:

I have these Toms in gray from last year and wore them so much I knew I would want another pair this year. I was so excited hwen I found them in this fun print! I will use cheetah/leopard print this year as a neutral!




3. Favorite birthday:

Last weekend my baby turned 3!

4. Favorite new movie:

I loved this movie!!! A comedy without inappropriate scenes or foul language! It addressed the stresses of motherhood in such a relatable way. They also talked about God's love for each of us...especially mamas.




5. Favorite shopping trip:

A couple of weeks ago, my cousin Luke was in town. We went shopping for upholstery fabrics for chairs I need to have recovered among other things. (I see a fanny pack project in the future to blog about!) I have always loved Luke..He lives in Chicago, but travels a lot with work. He has redone several houses and apartments and just has an eye for architecture. Every time I show Kyle something Luke and I picked out and I ask if he likes it he say "Absolukely." Code for whatever Luke says goes because he is so good at home projects.




6. Favorite laugh:

Speaking of "Absolukely" my family has a thing for play on words. My dad calls Luke, "Luke Like Lake" because he has always loved lake trips. We were on a family cruise one time and my dad was terribly seasick and Luke finally got his name revenge by dubbing him "Rick Like Sick."
Maybe "Rick Like Sick" can plan another family cruise (hint hint) so Luke and I can finally start the filming of our reality show about our crazy family. I promise people would watch...they might watch in horror, but hey it's the viewership that counts.

2 comments:

  1. It's funny that now my kids love watching Full House and Uncle Jesse. I love those Toms, and I would really like to see that movie. I read The Fault in Our Stars this summer and wondering about that movie, as well. Great post! (I found you through the link up).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the link up! It is funny, because I talked about Full House today in my favorites post as well! We are loving watching the seasons as a family. I miss those kind of shows on TV for families to watch together! My friend was also just telling me about the Moms Night Out movie today, I have to see it!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete