Monday, September 8, 2014

Fanny Pack Fashions: Makeup Edition


Today's Fanny Pack Fashion Edition is all about Makeup! Pictured above is my makeup case that my mom got me for Christmas 8 years ago. I love it! It keeps everything organized, fits in a bathroom drawer, then is ready to go for travel. It has taken years of trial and error with products, but I have finally found my recipe for successful makeup. And it lasts all day with these products. I am mostly just running around town, so I am pretty basic. I do have tips listed for when I am going somewhere that I need to be more dressed up.



When doing my makeup I always start with a clean, moisturized face and then I apply Smashbox Primer and let it set for a few seconds. I bought the smaller bottle and can hardly tell I have used any, so I know it will last long. For normal everyday life I use Nars tinted moisturizer in groenland it is light and also gives you 30 SPF. When I am trying to be a fancy fanny pack mama, I use Chanel foundation. It has just a little more coverage than Nars. I have had the bottle so long, the color has faded off. Seriously, all of this stuff I use lasts forever! I use Yves Saint Laurent under eye concealer because I look scary when I wake up and need to hide that.

Next I use this HD powder all over my face, since I am so often in front of cameras. I used Chanel bronzing powder on my cheeks, above the top of my eyebrow, on the skinny part of my nose, and blend it into my neck. This is contouring like the kardashians. I tried to like the bronzing powder, but I have literally had this for 6 years and cannot find it. I might have a meltdown when I run out, but Im sure any bronzing powder would do. For my cheeks, I use Nars Multiple Stick instead of traditional blush. It really is a great product, but I wish they would rename their colors because they make me embarrassed and uncomfortable every time I read them.

This is by far, hands down, the best eye make up I have ever used. What makes these work so well is the primer. I love the gold primer...It just seems to stick best, but the purple works well too. I probably use the Naked 2 set the most. I use light colors for daytime and I use them from the base of my eyelid to the bottom of my eyebrows. If I am going somewhere special, I incorporate some darker grays.

I absolutely love the Urban Decay makeup setting spray. The new bottles look much more fancy than this bottle that is 3 years old. I use it before I put on mascara because it can make the mascara run a bit.



Speaking of mascara...I use any regular mascara and to make it last longer I add eye drops to the bottle when it starts to seem dry. On top of that, I use Younique for fullness and length. For my brows, I use a pencil I got from Sania's Brow Bar last time I was in NYC. To finish my make up I use a pink/neutral shade of lip liner. This is so old it has worn off. I really need to shop for a new lip liner. The main thing I reapply thru the day is Dior lip addict. It gives a little color, feels like a chapstick, and is supposed to give a little plump. Considering I have a skinny snake lip, I need all of the plumping I can get!

I am clearly no makeup expert, but this is what a fanny pack mama uses to try to make herself feel more like a PBQS than a FPM.

No comments:

Post a Comment