Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Side of the Closet You Missed

Yesterday I posted pictures of my closet and haven't felt right since. I have felt a little unauthentic. I meant for it to be a fun post, but feel like I left out a big relatable portion of it. Not pictured was me sitting on the bench in my closet crying. My closet is where I take refuge when I am upset. I sit on that bench in my closet and shut the door so my kids don't see their mama upset. You never know what others are facing and I have quietly had several difficult situations I have dealt with in the past year. By posting closet pictures yesterday, it only halfway painted the picture. It only showed the good parts of it.

The redeeming side of my closet refuge is that my husband knows that is my hiding place. And he will always either give me a minute to myself, or when he knows I need it come support me. And more than anything many prayers are sent up in that closet. God knows when we have our weak points and need him. Just remember, no matter how put together things my look on the outside, they aren't as perfect as they seem. My goal with this blog is to paint a REAL picture, not a staged one. Even tho I will most likely pick up my house before I ever post any pictures of it, I promise to give a disclaimer stating that it does not always look good in real life. And I have the stained carpets to prove it!


1 comment: