Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Home Tour: Fall Decorations

Welcome to my home for a tour of fall decorations. If you were here we would watch some TV shows and get into a deep discussion about these characters we don't even really know and wait for the leaves change colors.



The first decoration you would notice upon coming in would be my dining room table. I may or may not have borrowed this from my mom and not given it back. The runner was my grandmothers and is from Pottery Barn. I am not sure if they still make it or not.

I have a fall arrangement that is in a corner in my kitchen. I know it is hard to see with all of the light coming inside.

I love Mr. Happy Jack-O-Lantern. I love the happy side of fall...I do not like dark/scary Halloween style decorations. Just like I like fun, happy Halloween decorations.

Some might call it premature to have a turkey out already, but considering I put my Christmas tree up after Halloween, I find this completely acceptable. I love to really enjoy Christmastime and if having a tree up in early November makes me happy so be it. I don't see any true rules of when to decorate for Christmas. I have my trees up before Thanksgiving still mixed in with some fall decorations. I host Thanksgiving at my house and then if you are to come by the next night for leftovers, stockings are hung and all Christmas décor is out in all of it's glory. I also do most of my shopping well before Thanksgiving. I just love to make the Christmas season last as long as possible and be able to watch Christmas movies and drink hot chocolate without the stress of decorating or shopping.

Next we have a nice pumpkin and salt and pepper shakers.

Some nice Thanksgiving dishes that were my Grandmothers. I like to make the holidays still feel her touch. I could never do one a holiday dinner as well as her, but it is what I try to reproduce.

I love old fall pictures. Krews was only 1 here!

I also like to keep fall scents in the diffuser that also help keep away germs. I need to buy cinnamon to add to the mix!

I also have a hot apple cider candle burning

I hope you have enjoyed my Fall tour!

1 comment:

  1. pretty - I got my fall decorations out this weekend. I love fall.

    ReplyDelete