Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The power of prayer: 15 weeks

I could cry just typing this post...And these are happy tears, my friends. I made it past the most critical week, the first week after discovering the sub chorionic bleed. Nothing can be done medically, so I know it is the power of prayer and God's work. When I heard the baby's heartbeat Monday, I have never felt so relieved. He/she is one tough little baby to have survived this! I know I still have a long road ahead, but am so thankful for making it past the first hurdle.

Let me tell you, this is a mental game as much as it is physical. Last week I had multiple breakdowns. I had to really focus on God and keep myself in His word. When Krews was a baby, I did the Jesus Calling devotional and loved it. When school started, I decided it would be the perfect before school devo along with prayer time. I am so glad I did this because each day has linked me with scriptures preaching the following messages to me:

Rest in ME
Worship ME
Come to ME and rest 
Rejoice in ME
Receive MY peace
Walk with ME
Accept each day with help from ME
Trust in ME

All of those messages are true everyday, but have really spoken to me in my current situation. It is so hard being in difficult situation, but I cannot even describe to you how close it draws you to God. It is amazing how God works in your life when you cling to Him and turn your troubles over to Him. One day last week, I was sleeping and home alone. I woke up feeling like someone was sitting on my bed. I called out to see if Kyle was home or maybe my mom was there. I was completely alone, but felt like I wasnt. I feel like God was with me. One night I had a breakdown on Kyle, worrying about if the baby would be able to survive. I sat and prayed and read scripture until I calmed down. I have actually lost weight during this pregnancy, but woke up the next morning to feel and see the perfect baby bump. I feel like that was God's way of reassuring me.

I want to thank you all for you prayers and concern. Please continue them! It is amazing to feel such a strong sense of community from friends and family! I am so thankful!!

4 comments:

  1. Been thinking about you and looking for updates! So happy for a great appointment on Monday! God is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about you! Sending prayers your way! - Carolyn Nunnally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I remember the bed-rest and you are right...it is a total mind-game. And Satan likes to attack us in our minds when we are at our weakest. Continue to fortify yourself with God's words. He never fails. Love you and your sweet family...and this precious new baby. Praying for you often each day. :)

    ReplyDelete