Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Baby #4 with a major prayer request

Everyone told me after our miscarriage (I still hate that word) that I would most likely get pregnant in the near future. It turns out everyone was right. I found out this summer I was expecting again. And I have been scared, excited, nervous, and prayerful ever since. I have constantly worried about our 4th baby, but told myself I had to turn my worry over to God. At 7 weeks, we had a great ultrasound. At 12 weeks we heard the sweet little heartbeat on the doppler, and decided it was time to share our news with our boys. Today marks 14 weeks. We are so thankful to God for giving us another precious life!

On Wednesday I went to the doctor not feeling well and sure enough had a UTI. I took it easy and took my meds and by Sunday night was actually feeling a lot worse. I knew Monday was Labor Day and I decided just to try to make it to Tuesday and then go back to the doctor. That plan changed when I woke up at 3:30am bleeding. I went to the ER and was given a shot of strong antibiotics along with new oral antibiotics. The ER doctor thought it was just from the infection being so strong. I went home and felt light headed and went back to bed. This time I woke up to a scary scene of blood and went back to the ER. It turns out I have a large sub chorionic bleed that is causing the placenta to seperate from the uterine wall. Basically at this point the bleeding will stop and it will heal, or it won't and the placenta will continue to seperate causing the baby to be deprived of oxygen. The doctor said it can go either way.

It makes me completely sick to even type all of this information. Kyle and I watched our baby on the ultrasound wave at us, put his/her little arm behind its head, and move around so healthy and full of life. We already lost another baby 5 months ago. It completely pains me.

Why am I put in this situation? I have no idea. I do know that I pray every day to serve God and bring glory to Him in my life. You can't pick what problems you will have in life and God will never give you more than you can handle. Right now there is nothing medically that can be done. It is 110% in God's hands. I am a control freak and like to have answers and solutions. How much better is this situation in God's hands than mine though!

The answer that I do have right now are that this baby is God's perfectly created child and he has a plan for him/her. I also know that I am His child and I trust completely in Him and will faithfully serve him no matter the outcome. I pray to be given the chance to have this baby and train him/her to serve him as well.

I am sharing this because so many people have been so good to me and my family over the past five months. I am also sharing to continue to share the story of God's work and faithfulness in our lives. I am overwhelmed by how many people have prayed for and been such a blessing to us. I ask each of you to PLEASE pray for our baby and pray for our family. God is the only one who can save this situation. I promise to keep you all posted.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a strong momma!! I am so proud to call you my friend! Love you and sending many prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and the baby every day, Audra. Love you. Love your family.

    ReplyDelete