Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fanny Pack Fashions: Skincare edition/letter to young girls on tanning

Thank you for all of the prayers and well wishes! I am still in pain, but on the road to recovery! I prepared this post this weekend:

Today's Fanny Pack Fashion Edition is all about skincare...because approximately 2 people have asked me what products I use. Let's start with a little back story. I was not a smart girl when I was younger. I considered going to the tanning bed a necessity to look good. I wish I could go back and tell myself that when you weigh 115 lbs and your biggest problem is to buy a 0 or double 0, tanning cannot possibly make you look any better. It really bothers me that I spent so much time at the tanning bed. If you are a young girl going to the tanning bed please stop. It will seriously catch up with you when you are older. If I were a teen and had a fanny pack mom telling me to stop tanning, I would have rolled my eyes. Since I tanned in the tanning bed and thought tanning oil with SPF 1 was completely acceptable, I now have sun spots to deal with. To get rid of these and to make my skin look better, I have started getting Salicylic acid peels. They are only $50 at Aesthetic Solutions This is my directly after picture...you can see my skin looks really clean and sun spots are starting to fade. I forgot to take a before picture.


Since I don't tan, I use these glow pads for my face.


I use them 2-3x per week. I take my shower at night, so I use one after I get out of the shower and apply all over my face and neck, then put my regular face lotion on top to cover it. I love these because they give you a great glow, and are also full of Vitamin D. I have never looked streaky or orange. For the rest of my skin I use Coppertone Gradual Tan that can be bought anywhere and is cheap! I have tried all kinds of products and this has been my favorite. It gives you a glow without orange or streak and builds up slowly over time. It also doesn't have a tanning oil scent and just smells like normal lotion.


EVERY morning and night I wash my face. I start out with  Neutrogena cleansing wipes to remove my eye make up. Again, tried everything. Then I use Obaji face wash to get my skin clean.

After that I use Nars Hydrating Toner to really make sure my skin stays clean. If I am using a glow pad that night, I apply it right after using this toner.



I finish my routine by using this Dior face lotion and under eye cream. I know this can be more pricy, but it does make a big difference and one little jar lasts FOREVER.


Another skincare routine I have is getting my eyebrows and upper lip waxed once a month. Yes, I said upper lip. I do not want any chance of any fuzz on my face. I also wax my under arms. This might sound weird, but it looks so much better than shaving everyday. Amanda at Holden & Co. always takes care of me. The best skincare advice I have is to remove your make up everynight! Speaking of make up...that is our what we will talk about next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment