Thursday, September 18, 2014

Losing control.

Every morning I wake up and go into our office are and read Unglued Devotional by Lysa TerKeurst. I say my prayers and always feel like my day starts out better. But by today I had become unglued multiple times and was losing control. I had a stressful morning at work, Kole behaved kind of badly at lunch and while running errands, every little thing fell out of control. My control that is.

In Sunday school last weekend, we were learning how our first response should be to reach out to God and pray about even the smallest things. In this entire day, I was trying to maintain control and fix everything instead of turning it over to God.

So I showed up to awanas and was late. I am the director for sparks kindergarten-second grade. My job is to teach the group lesson. We were studying the book of Genesis and talking about different people in Genesis and how sin was taking over their lives. People were building the city of Babylon for their own glory. The were worried about themselves and lost all control. The world turned to sin and lost all control, Noah was the only righteous man God could save. Adam and Eve lost all control and ate the forbidden fruit. We talked about how sin comes between us and God. And that is when we lose control.

It hit me so hard as I was teaching this lesson. By being sinful, and losing control I am seperating myself from God. How easy would it have been for me to have taken a minute in each difficult situation today to pray and turn it over to God? And how much sweeter would my day have been if I had seeked out God's help to become closer to him? We have a choice everyday. Are we going to loose control or turn control over to God? Tomorrow I am choosing to relinquish control to God because I NEED to be close to him. Life will not always be perfect but we can at least take heart in knowing that God is working with and for us.

I need Jesus. The world needs Jesus. This may be a silly blog, but I pray within my posts about fashion, my family, and our adventures I can help spread the message of how much we need a relationship with God and how wonderful it can make our lives.

"The LORD has done great things for us and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3

"...I have made you and I will carry you..." Isaiah 46:4

5 comments:

  1. Audra! I needed this! Often times we let our emotions get the best of us. I try to engage the "think before you speak" motto, but I need to try, "pray before you speak". Countless times I have said things I regret moments later! Thank you!!! Love.

    ReplyDelete