Monday, November 3, 2014

Home Tour: Living Room

This summer, I was really wanting to spruce up my house a bit. I have a Christmas party at my house this year and nothing says "spruce up your house" like having a large event. In the south, if someone volunteers to host a party, shower, or social gathering of any type, they are essentially signing up for a home renovation. Ideally, I would like to take the carpet out of my house and trade it in for hardwood floors. Realistically, with two small children we decided we should probably wait. I decided I was going to have my carpet cleaned as my first step in preparing for my party. And I kind of took a few rooms apart preparing for this and put them back together. I decided now would be a great time to tour these rooms on my blog and explain my process...or lack thereof.


At the same time I was planning this spruce up, the sweet people from www.rugpadcorner.com asked me to review their products. I was given the rug pads in exchange for a review of my honest thoughts and opinions. I was in no way paid to do this.And I was tickled to get to do this. You know you are an adult when you are jumping for joy over rug pads and what they can do for your rooms.


So I decided to start in the living room. I have a nice rug in the living room, but wanted to make it seem a little thicker and more grand. I told Paola at Rug Pad Corner I also wanted a rug pad that could transition with me to hardwood floors in the future. BONUS! So I got my carpets cleaned and used my new rug as the base of my project.







I was immediately impressed at how nice and durable it was without being so thick someone (most likely me) could trip over it.



I also had my rug freshly cleaned and it fit perfectly over the rug pad and no one will ever even notice the rug pad is there. Unless they read my blog, of course. It just makes my rug seem thicker and positions it better.



I got my chairs and ottoman back into place along with the center table. I would like to have these chairs recovered, but just had them cleaned as well. I feel like I should wait until my kids are a little older and less messy. If a time like that ever exists?





One of the smartest decisions I made was to buy a leather couch. Messes just wipe off of it.





And here is a view from the back of the room. My favorite thing to decorate with is pictures of my family. I also use random pieces from here or there. I feel like this mini makeover worked wonders for my room!


If you want to add a little something to your room, I highly advise adding a rug pad from www.rugpadcorner.com. I did have a rug pad in one of my other rooms that I will reveal next week and it was no wear near the quality of my new rug pad corner pad. All Fanny Pack Mom readers can use the code REVIEW15 for 15% off of your purchase!




*I was not paid to review www.rugpadcorner.com. All opinions are my own.*

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Your living room is just amazing. I normally stay away from leather furniture due to our house pets, but that black sofa and ottoman table are so chic and classy. Thank you so much for sharing that tour! Wishing you a very happy thanksgiving!\

    Benny Daniel @ Finlay Brewer

    ReplyDelete