Wednesday, October 28, 2015

An update on health and Jariel



I haven't updated in awhile and to be honest I really don't know why I haven't. Everything has been pretty steady until Monday night when I started having more bleeding. It was much lighter than before, but caused me to panic. I had an ultrasound and baby is doing great, but the subchorionic bleed is still there. It's still an issue that cannot be fixed, but is holding steady and not harming the baby. We will just have to keep monitoring the situation! 

It is amazing how God takes care of His children even in the womb. The baby has been protected from all of this by His grace and has been surrounded by prayers. It is incredible to witness God's miracles!

Also a point I want to make is the peace that God gives you. It truly does transcend all understanding. I am a crazy OCD, type-A person, but have oddly been calm and peaceful. I owe it all to the closeness I have felt with God throughout the past two months. Don't get me wrong---I have had my panic attacks--nothing like I would have expected from myself tho.

To all 5 of my loyal blog readers I have a surprise....a Jariel update!! You will remember Jariel as the woman from Louisiana who kept sending my deceased Grandmother Christmas cards, which arrived at my house since I live in what was her house. I finally sent her a letter last year explaining that Grandmother had died, but never heard back. (Sidenote-my grandparents lived in LA for a few years and had a crew of friends there-Jariel was one of them)

Well last week Kyle was at work and someone called asking to speak to my dad. He wasn't there so Kyle took the call. A woman came on the phone and was demanding to talk to "Sandra's son." Kyle said she started talking a million miles an hour and wanted to know why they couldn't get in touch with Sandra. She was NOT happy and wanted answers as to what she was up to. Kyle saved Grandmother from the shunning of LA friends by informing her that she had died ALMOST 4 YEARS AGO. The lady said well I guess that explains THAT. 

Kyle came home and told me the story and I immediately yelled "WAS IT JARIEL????"

And you know what he responded with...."Not sure didn't catch her name."

After all I have been through reading Jariel's Christmas letter and life story every year, and writing to her myself, he can't help explain the mystery. 

So here is where we are at for future options:

1. I will receive another card from Jariel this year addressed to Sandra, as if she never received my letter. Maybe she will even personalize it?

2. Jariel was shunned from the LA group and kept the story to herself and this was another woman who called.

3. Kyle ruined the story and we will never know.

4. Jariel has no use for me. 

I will keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment