Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Top 10 bullet point style

1. The posts that I link to my facebook page since December have somehow disappeared from my Facebook page. Hmm.

2. Why is checking the mail in December so fun and full of Christmas cards, and by January it is such a chore and full of tax documents?

3. Krews had a terrible allergic reaction Thursday and we are not sure what caused it. When he was younger he was allergies to milk, eggs, and peanuts. He outgrew these allergies when he was 3 and hasn't had a problem since he was young. When I was younger I had terrible reactions and had to go to the emergency room several times because my lips and tounge would swell. We NEVER found the cause. I haven't had an issue in years, so I guess I outgrew the allergy. Luckily Krews has not experienced lip or tounge swelling, but I still want to figure this out.

4. Kole thinks the biggest insult is to call someone a baby. When he is being silly and trying to get a rise out of me he will say "Hey baby mommyyyyy." He then giggles hysterically. I will say "Hey I'm not a baby, but you are MY baby." He says "yeah, I'm your baby, but not A baby." Can my kids stay little forever??

5. I'm devestated we haven't seen any snow this winter. It was supposed to be the worst winter we have had in a long time, but so far nothing. Every kid deserves a snow day....unless you live in California or Florida and you just live in constant beautiful sunshine.

6. The McDonald drive thru STRESSES ME OUT. People cheat and cut into the second line early. I never know who ordered first and who gets to cut into the line to pick up first. Maybe I could solve my issue by avoiding McDonalds...

7. I love leggings. And love how leggings are in style. You can dress them up or down, and still be comfy. There was recently a post about a woman who decided not to wear leggings because her husband admitted to looking at women in leggings and yoga pants. Listen, I never expose myself in leggings. I clearly wear long tunics with them and I dress modestly. I loved the follow up blog post on the bigger issues we face than leggings! I also don't like calling women out on attire. I remember being so self conscious in high school because I was sent home for wearing a skirt. A skirt that came down to my knees. On my way into school, a completely inappropriate boy said something innapropriate out loud about my skirt (that was cute and again modest.) Our high school principal called me out of the lunch room and sent me home to change because I drew attention from a boy and a teacher heard him. I was embarrassed and made to feel completely uncomfortable. And the boy was not in trouble AT ALL for harassment. Here's the deal. HE was the problem, not my skirt and he could have harassed me in any outfit. I don't believe women should try to temp men or get attention from clothing, but at the same time do NOT punish women for man's bad behavior. What kind of message does that send young girls? Rant over.

8. Back to point 7, I always feel bad for teenage girl because it is just hard. I think it's especially hard for girls who rise above typical teenager activities. I pray for these girls often and know they need as much encouragement as they can get at this stage of life.

9. Bruce Jenner. No comments needed.

10. I just put out all of my spring decorations. That is a sure sign winter will be back and snow will finally come!

No comments:

Post a Comment