Sunday, February 22, 2015

Snow days

I love snow days. Really, really love them. I have a child-like faith for snow days. I believe if it's 33 degrees there is still a chance the snow will stick. I have all the weather apps and study them faithfully. I always think the roads are just too slick for school to be in session. I always stock up at the grocery store (not during the madness-I plan well ahead.) One day there was a slight chance of snow and I filled my car up with gas. I had Kyle buy sleds in November will no looming threat of snow.

I. Love. Snow. Days.

I have passed my love of snow days onto my kids. I know kids love snow days anyway, but my kids live for them. When they know there is a chance of snow they sprint to the window the next morning to check. They have all snow gear laid out when there is a chance of snow. And I love it. And I love to see their child like faith shining thru on simple things like snow. 

We had our first snow (ice) days this week and were so excited! The best part was it hit on Kyle's day off, so he got to sled with the boys! Everyone knows Kyle is way more fun than me, so it was a major win. We had two days off and it was hard to go back to the reality of a routine. Plus, my road was still a solid sheet of ice and that scares me to death. I do not like driving on ice! Luckily we had another snow day on Friday and fingers crossed for tomorrow!

We have two more chances of snow (hoping for a pretty snow, not just ice) in the next week and then winter will be ending soon. I will be sad to leave our season of winter weather, but ready for the spring. After all, life is all about seasons. Luckily, each season brings joy to our lives and gives us something to look forward to. Most people don't like winter and cold. I don't enjoy useless cold that doesn't give us snow, but when I think of winter I just think of the joy snow days bring. And I can only hope my kids always have their child like faith about snow days and cherish the memories we make on snow days now. 

1 comment:

  1. Snow days are great!!! Thankful for the special memories they bring!

    ReplyDelete