Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Jariel The Sequel

I told all five of you faithful blog readers I would keep you posted on the Jariel situation and I just so happen to have an update. For all of you hearing of this for the first time, please let me explain. Jariel was a friend of my grandmothers when my grandparents lived in Louisiana back in the 90s. Jariel always sent grandmother a Christmas card along with a VERY detailed letter every single year. Jariel sent Grandmother a Christmas card last year. And there lies the problem.

Grandmother died 3 years ago and we bought her house last year. So Fanny Pack Mom received the Christmas card on behalf of Grandmother.

Fast forward to this weekend and I was excited to open my mailbox that was full of beautiful Christmas cards! And then I saw it....another card/letter from Jariel once again addresses to my grandmother.


There are three different possible scenarios:

1. Jariel just doesn't know she died.

2. Jariel has lost her marbles.

3. Jariel has made an honest mistake two years in a row.


And I see it as having two different options:

1. Keep waiting each year to see if I receive a card.

2. Write back and let her know about Grandmother.


Option one is the easy road, but shouldn't I let her know? Option two is a little more complicated because I hate to be the bearer of bad news and upset her or even embarrass her for having sent it. AND what if she has just lost her marbles and it confuses her even more?

Quite the delimma here in fanny pack land. What do you all think? Two of grandmothers close friends encouraged me to write her a letter and include one of my family Christmas cards and just send one to her each year. I never actually knew Jariel myself, but I'm sure she knew of me considering I was the favorite grand child. (All of my cousins will appreciate that....Except Scott who really was and knows it ;) I just don't know so all ideas are appreciated.


P.S.---How rude of me....I didn't even tell you what Jariel had been up to according to her letter. She took a 3 week bucket list trip to Istanbul. Maybe I should become closer to Jariel.


No comments:

Post a Comment