Monday, December 29, 2014

Nice Stalkin to ya Kenny Chesney

I have had many bizarre events in my life related to stalking Kenny Chesney. I LOVED Kenny Cheney in the early 2000's. So much that it brought about weird circumstances. I thought I would take an inventory of these moments to share.

1. When I got my first checking account, I thought it was so cool to get to order any design I wanted on my checks. So I ordered the "Kenny Chesney style" which featured Kenny at the beach. I thought I was super cool until I actually had to write these checks and give them to people. First weird look was from the cashier at the grocery store (thank goodness for debit cards now) she actually laughed about my checks. Next, was from one of my friends at school. I should probably explain why I was writing him a check...I paid him $15 to catch a fish for me for bonus points in Biology. No way was I catching my own fish to bring into school! My brother was completely annoyed and thought it was the biggest waste of money ever.

2. Next up, Kyle and I went to a Kenny Chesney concert. I was so excited and we were on the second row. I literally took of my seashell style necklace and walked up to the stage and gave it to Kenny. He held my hand and sang "The Good Stuff." I'm sure Kenny still remembers.  It was a great moment don't get me wrong, but a little bit embarrassing.

3. One day I was sitting in a lab class and started looking at the news. The headline was "Kenny Chesney married Renee Zellweger!" WHAT???? I might have had a panick attack in the middle of the class that everyone was aware of.  Renee?!? Really, Kenny, is that the best you can do??? Sadly, or happily, the marriage was dissolved shorty after leading to much speculation about why "fraud" was claimed on the annulment.

4. Stories started developing about Faith Hill banning Tim from hanging out with Kenny. And that is when I was officially over Tim and Faith. I LOVED Faith and Tim in the 90's early 2000's, but they have both changed. They kind of left their country roots and became stereotypical hollywood.

5. Last year, I was in Nashville visiting PBQS. She had just started dating her boyfriend and we were meeting his sweet family for the first time. T (the boyfriend) revealed at some point that the rumor around town was that Kenny led an alternative lifestyle. And I might have had a nervous breakdown. Did the hand holding at the concert mean nothing to him? Did he really not remember me?  My breakdown was so severe, T felt bad for bringing it up. He still to this day feels bad for bursting my Kenny Chesney bubble.

I guess now Kenny and I will have to just be friends. I have moved onto stalking Justin Timberlake, but continue to let Kenny hold a special place in my heart.

As for Kyle, my husband, he continues to shake his head and accept me for my celebrity stalking. He just wishes I would stop referring to them casually as if I really know them.

No comments:

Post a Comment