Thursday, January 8, 2015

Jariel 3.0

For the 3 of you worried about the lastest news on Jariel, here is an update. I mailed Jariel a letter along with a Christmas card on December 29th. I have not heard back from her yet, but she IS a world traveler. In my mind, I am picturing her in the South of France right now. Sipping tea with Lisa Vanderpump maybe? I cannot confirm that, however, because homegirl hasn't written me back. I think I expressed everything I needed to in the letter, but it does bother me to think of her having to read it and hear the news. Who knows if I will hear anything back? I may just be left waiting until Christmas to see if I get another card. I told you all about how I stalked Kenny Chesney and I can now confirm I have stalked Jariel as well. I can officially confirm she is NOT on Facebook. OK OK I wouldn't have "friended" her out of the blue, but it would have been nice to see her page. Actually, I couldn't ever friend her based on the fact that my pretend friend would see my 3 blog posts about her and then I definitely wouldn't get any more Christmas cards. Until then, here is what I had to say:


Jariel,


My name is Audra (Floyd) Wray and I am Sandra Floyd's grandchild. I am writing you because I received your beautiful Christmas card. What an amazing year of travels you had. I was the recipient of your card, as I now live in my grandparents house with my husband and our children. I am sure you know that my grandfather passed away in 2007. I realized upon receiving your card that you, and my grandmother's other dear Shreveport friends, might be unaware


(Insert dramatic pause and page turn here. It was unintentional and an awkward place to stop)


that my grandmother passed away in December 2011. She was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer in May of 2011 and it was too far advanced by the time it was discovered. We miss both of them greatly! I hope it will bring you some joy to know her family is all doing well. We bought her house in 2012 and try to carry on her wonderful traditions. I enjoyed your Christmas card, as did the rest of our family! I hope to remain on your Christmas card list! I have such fond memories of visiting Shreveport!


Sincerely,
Audra Floyd Wray

2 comments:

  1. Your letter is perfect! I hope she writes you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so glad you wrote her! What a neat thing! I hope she writes back and I know she will happy to receive this!

    ReplyDelete