Friday, January 30, 2015

From sick to pitcher

It is January which means everyone is SICK. After Christmas everyone was excited to go back to school and I was excited to get on a schedule and get a few things done. I started off with a kidney infection, but by that weekend we were back at church and even got to enjoy a fun lunch out with some friends. However, by that night Kole was running fever and not feeling well. It turned out he had strep throat and a bad case of it. Two days later I caught Krews drinking after him, and shockingly two days later Krews had a sore throat. Fast forward to Saturday night and I was up with a sore throat followed that week by either a stomach bug or a reaction to ALL the antibiotics.

I hate having to miss commitments and make cancelations. I felt like I was in that mode for 3 weeks straight. I overthink it all. Some of the best advice I have ever received is to never feel bad when you cannot make events because of sickness or anything coming up with your children. It is just our stage of life right now. Luckily my weakness is Kyle's strength. He is very good about saying no you are not up to it and are staying home. He doesn't overanalyze situations like I do.

Even though I hate for anyone in my house to have to be sick, I have enjoyed our time inside being together. We have all been piled up in our bed watching movies together. I love it and know as they get older they won't want to be cuddled up with mom and dad.

This week we have been blessed with warm, spring like temperatures. While we are still hoping for some beautiful snow this winter, we have taken advantage of enjoying the sunshine! We have spent our afternoons playing baseball, soccer, riding bikes, and just playing running off energy. It has been so nice for all of us! I was made all time pitcher on the neighborhood kids baseball team...fingers crossed by next week I can move into the batting order. Rumor has it I'm only pitcher because I throw easy pitches. They can talk smack all they want, but I essentially control who gets Gatorade and post game Popsicles ;)

The best pick me up I had this week was being back at AWANA Wednesday night. One of my friends shared with me that her son had been praying for me while I was out with sickness and then prayed thanking God I was back. Then we got home and Krews revealed that he spent his AWANA bucks on silly string for him AND Kole and a Valentine's bear and box of chocolates for me. God is so good to provide us blessings thru children!

I plan to get caught back up on my blogging soon! I'm working on a post from Christmas this weekend. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Sickness has been so bad this year, but it is such a blessing to be able to stay home and take care of these babies!! :)

    ReplyDelete