Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Movie Review Monday

Kyle and I rarely go to see movies when they are out in theaters. That is unless we are talking about kids movies that we take the boys to see. Recently we have gone to see not just one, but two movies I have been dying to see!

First up...Gone Girl

I read the book and loved it! The author has to be a creative genius to think up the things she did in this book. The only thing that made it hard to read was the language. I cringe every time I read or hear the Lord's name taken in vain. Plus it was a little dark, but still interesting.

I have heard mixed reviews about the movie, but ultimately I really liked it. I felt like it stuck to the book closely which made it wonderful. Same issues with the language and too many "physical" scenes, but still very creative. The actors were amazing! I wasn't as impressed with Ben Affleck as I was the girl who played Amy. She was incredible! And as always I love Neil Patrick Harris!

A lot of people are unhappy with the ending, but I think it made so much sense to the story and character's personalities. I need to read another Gillian Flynn book ASAP!

Oh and in case you are wondering....Kyle's review was that Amy was crazy and it was a little weird, but overall good.

Next...The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1

Oh The Hunger games! Another trend Kyle and I were late to get into. We randomly rented the first movie late last year and loved it! It was a little disturbing, but that is apparently the way movies are going these days. We quickly rented the second movie as well and have been counting down the days to go see the third movie in theaters. So we headed to the theater with PBQS, her boyfriend, and my dad. Yes, my dad, who knew nothing about The Hunger Games and has not seen the two previous movies. He still for some unknown reason wanted to go, so he went with us.

I knew exactly how this scenario would play out...he would be asking questions the entire time. You know who else likes to ask questions during movies...PBQS. You know who doesnt like to speak or answer questions during movies...ME. So I specifically sat on the end seat on the opposite side of my dad and Abby. I actually didn't hear a peep out of them aside from seeing my dad throw up the mockingjay hand symbol when other characters in the movie did it to support Katniss. At least he was enjoying it.

So back to the movie, I did enjoy it. I felt like  a nervous wreck the entire time. It was great, but I think it was kind of like a really long preview of Part 2. I am so ready for Part 2! I could read the book, but I just adore Jennifer Lawrence and like watching her play Katniss. She is a great actress and keeps it real!

As a bonus we rented Divergent on Sunday night. I wasn't sure if I would like it as much as The Hunger Games, but I loved it!! It was similar to Hunger Games, yet so different! And yay for the second movie in the series coming out in March!


Next up...a bunch of my favorite Christmas movies and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with my boys!






No comments:

Post a Comment