Monday, August 4, 2014

Fanny Pack Fashions: Blackbird Edition

Being a mom, I want to always be comfortable first and foremost. I also want to dress somewhat cute to feel more confident, but also dress modestly and mom appropriate. My friend, Taylor Gann, owns a clothing boutique named Blackbird Clothing. This week Taylor helped me with what is in style for this fall. Here is what I found!

The Floral cardigan:


I love this because it is comfortable and trendy. I tried it first with a sleeveless tank to wear with warm weather. I then tried this long sleeve top with it to wear in colder weather. Perfect for fall!



In both of the pictures above, I am wearing the most amazing pants EVER created. They are the Free People leggings. They are a thick material (not hot) that is high wasted to cover all imperfections. The great thing about these leggings is that the way they are made is more like a ponte pant or jeans, so you could really wear shorter tops with them. They even come in this cute leopard print!


I ended up pairing the black free people leggings with a tunic I have had for several years from Blackbird and wore it one day last week!

A great option when the weather cools down is this Free People sweater. Comfy and trendy!

One of my favorite things I found is this great shirt with a statement necklace:
Side view:


I love the colorful pattern and think the sleeve is really fun!


Thank you, Taylor for your fun fashions! You can visit Blackbird's facebook and instagram page for the latest trends. The best thing about several of these pieces is they were under $40! Now if I could just find a fanny pack to match each piece ;)

1 comment:

  1. Love this stuff!!! so cute ...I think I need a pair of the leggings!!! so when you get ready to clean out your closet I will buy!! ;)

    ReplyDelete