Monday, August 25, 2014

Fanny Pack Fashions: What my kids are wearing

For this edition of Fanny Pack Fashions we are talking ALL about what my kids are wearing. I remember my mom always telling me when I was younger that it was so much more fun to shop for me and my siblings than for herself. As a child and teenager, I never understood that concept. WHY ON EARTH would you rather shop for others than for yourself??? But now I am a fanny pack mama, and I more than understand what she meant. Point in case these two little OKC Thunder loving guys:
Sidenote: This cake is for one of many Very Merry Un-Birthday parties. I love Alice in Wonderland and love to have pretend birthdays. Kyle thinks it is crazy...maybe its because I have never thrown him one? Or maybe its because he doesn't love cake...I know, I know WHO DOESNT LOVE CAKE???
Here they are pictured in their jerseys. They love sports....so they love to dress for the sports they love. This brings us to popular clothing item number 1...Under Armour or Nike:
This cake, however, is actually for Krews' 5th birthday. His real 5th birthday. He is due for a Very Merry Un-Birthday party any day now tho.
In this picture Kole is representing our beloved Yankees, while Krews is wearing his favorite Under Armour shirt. Do you know why this is his favorite shirt? Because it changes color/pattern when wet. This leads to him constantly "accidentally' spilling water to magically make the shirt change. I do love Nike and Under Armor outfits myself though. I love that you can mix and match pieces within the brand. I buy most of these pieces at Dillards on sale, or at Marshall's when I can find them. The shirt below I found at Marshalls for $7 (Under Armor AND Spiderman.) I also love the Nike pant/jacket combos they sometimes have for around $12-$19

The pant/jacket combo...And Kole's beloved Daisy is stuffed in his shirt:

These are all great play clothes. I also love inexpensive clothes from Gap or Old Navy

Shirts from Old Navy and basic shorts from Gap. We have also loved these rubber shoes this summer from Zappos

I always order shoes from Zappos because of great prices and crazy fast shipping. You get free next day shipping! Boys are pretty simple...I keep a good pair of tennis shoes, dress shoes for church, sandals in the summer, and boots in the winter. I was glad to find these shoes for something different, yet so functional. They are rubber so I just throw them right in the washing machine.


PBQS...you remember her, right? She always judges me for dressing my boys like they are twins. I realize they are not twins, but I think it is fun to dress them alike. And its easier to keep up with them that way (kidding...not really...ok maybe a tiny bit of truth.)

Who can resist two sweet boys dressed alike? PBQS...that's who. I think PBQS and I should dress alike. We would be just darling.


So the next point is dress clothes. I like for my kids to look nice for church and other functions. My go to brand for this is Polo. I find Polo for kids at Marshall's or at Polo Outlets. I buy dress pants from Gap because the adjustable elastic waist is perfect for my boys. I also find dress clothes at Crazy 8 (like the outfits in the picture above) or at small boutiques. This is how they feel about dressing up:


I hope you have enjoyed another Fanny Pack Fashion Editions. Any tips of new places to find cute things for these cute boys?

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE to dress my boys alike!! It makes me so happy!! ;) and Jagger is obsessed with Under Armour, but thankfully Hudson has no clue what it is yet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew finding cute boy clothes was so hard until I actually had a son. I've had most of my success lately at Crazy 8 and Children's Place for my son. I also found some cute stuff at a recent Osh Kosh sale. I actually buy most of my kids' wardrobe at the Rhea Lana consignment sale though. I always find some great stuff and really good prices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea! I have never done that because it overwhelms me! I need to bite the bullet and jump in there!

    ReplyDelete