Thursday, August 21, 2014

Closet Diaries: What's in your closet?

Today one of my oldest friends Megan at More Sweet Tea Please and I are teaming up for a fun post. We have been friends since I was a teenager. Our dads worked together and we immediately hit it off! Fun for us included driving 45 minutes to the nearest TCBY and going shopping with a notepad to strategically plan who would wear what and when to school. We would ride together to school and RUN to the car to get into the air conditioning and out of the humidity. Crazy I tell you! So today we are finding certain items in our closet and comparing them:


Let's start with oldest item:

Juicy Couture velour track suit. Listen. I have had this since high school and before I had it wished for it for ages. In my mind, nothing would make me more J.Lo than this velour track suit. Considering it is still in my closet, my desire to be like J.Lo is still going strong.

Also old is my Grandmothers faux fur vest and coat. I never actually wear them, but these are the most comforting item in my closet. They still smell JUST like her. My cousin, Maddie, can vouch for this because she has a purse of my grandmothers that she can open up and feel like Grandmother is right there. And yes we called her Grandmother. She was the exact description of a perfect Grandmother.


Best Bargain:


A true Fanny Pack Mom loves a bargain. I especially love items that look expensive, but are actually a steal! I love this dress! I found it at Shop Bella C 50% off for around $22! One of my friends asked me if it was Tory Burch....#winning.





Most used accessory:

This summer this style of earrings has been my go to look. I love the pop of color and Kate Spade style! The black set is from Stella & Dot and the others are from Banana Republic Outlet.


Staple item:
Hands down my AG Jeans from Blackbird

I LIVE in them. I have 3 different pair I have collected over time. One is the mom style...high wasted. The other is a legging style, and I have another that is lighter colored and rolled up at the bottom. They are so comfortable and the most flattering jeans EVER. They are more pricy, but are so worth it because they last FORVER and do not stretch out or lose shape. I always watch for them on sale. I wear them with boots, flats, booties, sandals....dressed up or down.


Don't forget to visit Megan for her closet diary. She even has some #tbt pictures of us to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment