Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Patience.

Patience...The virtue I sometimes struggle with the most. I am always trying to make things happen immediately and on my time instead of God's wonderful timing. Lately God has been trying to show me that his timing is better than my timing could ever be.


One example is this weekend when I was making no bake cookies for the boys. I was in a hurry and didn't take time to look at the recipe. I was struggling with patience. I made the cookies and took my first taste of the batter and it was the most bitter thing I have ever tasted. At this point, I had to open up the recipe book and see what was missing. Have you ever tasted something that you were expecting to be deliciously sweet, but then realized the cook forgot to add the sugar? That was exactly what happened with these cookies...I forgot the sugar. If I would have just been patient and read the recipe, I wouldn't have had to experience that bitter taste. Isn't that how we do so many times with God and His word? We are looking for an answer quickly and struggling with patience, so we just make an irrational decision without first looking at his recipe for us in the Bible. We have to experience bitterness or other bad tastes because we are impatient and don't take time to study His word, pray, and wait for clear answers.


I was able to go back and add sugar to these cookies and make them sweet and wonderful again. And God can always add the sugar to our lives to make them wonderful again. Only God can take the bitter taste away that you are struggling with and I encourage you to pray about whatever it is you are struggling with today. I am no Biblical scholar and make mistakes constantly, but love the Lord and try my best to follow His word, and would love to help anyone struggling today and needing a friend or prayers.


Next time, I will check the recipe before I bake anything. And everytime I will check with God before I make impatient decisions without prayer and Biblical studying.

 “Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.” 
Psalm 37:7

2 comments:

  1. Great post! What I needed today cause HE knows I struggle with patience also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this (and no bake cookies!). I am such an inpatient person as well and I need a reminder to let God talk to me before I just jump into something on my own. Things always turn out so much better when I wait for some direction.

    ReplyDelete